Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009

The Tinker Concept of learning - From the ground up

Yesterday was a very bad day for me. I don't really know why due to I felt very confident in my play. Ok, in some spots I made very bad decisions and in some spots it only was bad luck.
However, it seems that I need to work hard on my game and on my skills. So, how can I make that? As stated in todays headline the "secret" could only be training, training and more training to get better.
As David Slansky says for poker that "it takes minutes to learn poker and a lifetime to master" that relates of course also to Heads Up poker. What I did in the last couple of days was that I upgraded my five-pack member ship into a full membership at HUSNG and downloaded all videos. Until now I have seen all HookieGreg Videos and they are great. As HokieGreg also goes into deeper advance concepts in his videos I tried some moves and thought to crush the lower limits SnG games. It might be sucessfull some times but now I have to admit that I made the fifth or forth step before really learning the basics. I remembered how I startet my NL 6max games. Comparing how I startet HU SnG's that would be as to start with Balugawhale's 1000NL 6 max Videos what I surely haven't done. I started with so called series as "Baby Steps", "From the Ground up" and "Coaching Tree" at deucescracked to learn the 6max play from the ground up. I haven't done this with HU SnG's. I saw the free HokieGreg video and thought I have learned so much to play that game. The truth is that I have learned minimal from watching one video. That means I have to do a break. Not a break from playing but a big break from my thinking and my education.My ambition is to learn the game and not only to play the game. So I categorized the Videos on HUSNG into small stakes and medium and high stakes and identified that there are many series from the coaches. I started with PromordialAA's beginner Videos (Scratch 1 &2) and will stay at the small stakes videos where I belong to. Step by step I will not move up the limits with poker but will move up with the videos. I think that sounds very reasonably. I have played 213 Games so far and won 108 and lost 105 so I realy believe that I am not so bad in that game at all without really understanding the game. It took approx. one month to realize that but now I am so ambitious to implement my "Tinker Concept" for sure. I will still play some matches but my traing will have priority for the next weeks. I am sure that will improve my game. So stay tuned to my critical undeavor.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen