Montag, 2. November 2009

English <-> German and Poker

Hey all, some days ago since my last posting. So, what happened so far. I have registered for an advanced English Course with a friend. We both want to improve our English.
Unfortunately my friend was categorized in a course one step below me (she reached Middle Step III and I reached Certificate Step I). We asked to go in the same course and it should be no problem.
I think that is much better for learning and motivation if we manage it together, so we decided to participate at the advanced certified course. Lets see how we manage that. Start is on Wednesday and I am happy to be a student again. So all English native speaker, please feel free to give me a hint if I make horrible mistakes in my blog and please don't hesitate to correct me.
So, lets get to Poker. My first deposit bonus at FullTilt expired and I would like to try a new software with bonus and rakeback. I signed at PokerHeaven. I assumed that the software would not be so nice as FullTilt but it is very cool. The only thing that is missing is the re-match button. On Pokerheaven you can play 5min, 8 min and 12 min HU SnGs and I tried out all three. As I assumed I play the 8 minute games and figured out that there are the most unexperienced players and very bad. I dont really now if it is good that I can't play against US players, but a colleague from PokerTips said that PokerHeaven is much softer as on FullTilt, so lets see. I play the 10€ + 0.5€ Limit and I am very comfortable with that according my bankroll. Again I am break-even...so nothing changed since my switch :-(.
A highlight was yesterday as I organized a 10 HU private tourney at FullTilt some days ago. We had 22 participants and it was a lot of fun playing my mates from PokerTips. Unfortunately I had no luck regaridng my opponents. I managed to win the first round versus a very strong HU player and got kicked in round two. However, it was fun and we hope to have more HU Tourneys in the future mas they are rare in the Pokerworld. Maybe its not so plus EV due to the fact that most of the players have basic or advanced poker knowledge...but the fun factor for the community is great and the buyin limit is small and fits to most bankrolls.
Thats it for today and stay tuned and let me end my break-even stretch into a winning stretch...my training should make profit at least and hopefully.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen