Freitag, 6. November 2009

Good shot (I shot the sheriff)- hit my targets and play very relaxed

As I mentioned in my former blog I took some shots at the 20$ Limit. Fortunately it went very well for me. I think sometimes in a poker career you should step one side beside yourself and think what you really want or what are your expectations. I am surely in a phase at HU SnG's to find my own style and to have my own concept of playing. Very often when somebody sees videos from a coach and the plays/moves are reasonable or almost allways justified with a lot of thinking it looks so easy. The biggest mistakes what someone can do is to copy that play and think "hey, are understand that and will adapt that into my game". It's great if you have understood the concept or the thinking but very often you can't adapt that ono to one into your game. Every game is different, every villain and even every board structure, for sure. I take the advices from the coaches and the videos very serious but I have to figure out when I have to get these advices back in my mind when I need it. Sounds so easy, doesn't it!? In every video is a hint that you could value from but the time to establish into your game will not come prompt. I compare it with a puzzle, every little peace you found and can stick it in the picture will complete it. The difference is that I don't know when the puzzle is comlete, maybe never ;-). I have to really thank RyPac for his good advice regarding my turbo vs. regspeed issue and another big advice from Cog in his Video 11.. Very often I had a big lead over my opponent and felt my edge is slightly better then his/her I wanted to finish the match as soon as possible and often made mistakes by giving no respect. My last games went very different and I don't know really why....is this the announcement of the "click"? I hope so. I went into every game with the same concept - Looked at the sharkscope stats - and figured out how my opponent plays - look for good spots to make bets, raises and some moves - and justify every action to myself, why I make that or that now - and the main thing for me is to relax and try to play my best poker in no hurry and no pressure. I even didn't looked at the cashier, what I intend to do. Of course at the end of a session as any poker player does :-). So, I thought it would be good to write that down and remember me when things goes not so good...if this is a good upswing?....who cares....I enjoy it. Stay tuned, Cheers,Tinker

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen